It remains the case if you have symptoms of COVID-19; or live with someone who has had symptoms in the last 14 days; you should not leave your home.
- The Nets will be available from Monday 18th May
- If you have not made a booking online, the ground is closed to you as private property
- Nets shall only be available to members of Littlehampton Cricket Club
- There is no charge for booking a session
- This facility is strictly reserved for members
- All under 18s must attend with a guardian aged 18+
- Net Sessions are available in 50 minute slots
- There will always be a 10 minute gap between sessions
- It is important you do not overrun your session
- Entry shall be through the side gate which will have a combination lock. This should be unlocked by a club rep but please contact your captain if it is not
- The ECB recommend where possible users to bring their own hand sanitiser for additional comfort and in case of shortages
- There shall be no equipment (Stumps, Balls, Pads etc) provided by the club. Please bring all your own equipment
- The Pavilion remains completely closed with no access
- The club is not liable for any injury, loss/damage of items whilst using the nets
We hope everyone respects the above which will allow members to enjoy some cricket during these unprecedented times. If the rules set above can’t be adhered to then the club will have no choice but to close the net facility.
Any Questions or Queries please Contact James Askew or Daniel Clarke.
The detailed guidance from the ECB for clubs and players is available at https://resources.ecb.co.uk/ecb/document/2020/05/15/9fd6d8b4-cde2-4bf7-9cec-695f7d5a18ee/ECB_guidelines_return_to_activity_in_a_cricket_club_setting.pdf
The key points they ask us to share are:
- Do not attend if you or anyone in your household displays symptoms or your household is currently in isolation (full details at the beginning of this document).
- Personal hygiene measures should be carried out at home before and after use of the facility.
- Bring your own handsanitiserwhere possible. If this isn’t possible wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after visiting the club.
- Travel together as a household.
- Avoid public transport.
- Try not to arrive too early, aim to arrive at the start of your slot to help with social distancing.
- Bring your own playing/training equipment including balls.
- Bring your own filled drinking bottles.
- Avoid touching as much as possible whilst on club premises and use cleaning stations whenever available.
- Do not overstay your allocated time slot, you should be clear of the area by the time the next users arrive. Do not stay to socialise.
- Do not leave private property or rubbish behind.
- No spitting.
- No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
- As always, the health and safety of participants is paramount - please ensure those using the nets minimise the risk of injury (wear helmets, padsetc). As well as response times being delayed this is vital to avoid any additional stress on the NHS.
- Encourage all users to report any infection of their household following use of the facility to allow effective contact tracing and to limit the spread of the virus.